Monday 22 September 2008

Adapt to survive

Working life is a lot harder than I thought! I can cope with early mornings but it's the first time since school that I've been consistently getting up in the 7's. Coupled with busy-ness both in and out of the office I was absolutely shattered by last Friday evening. But I love it! And the sooner my body adjusts the better, as I can't imagine my time getting any freer any time soon. In fact, I reckon I've still got it super-easy at the mo - it's just a bit of a shock after an August in which I became a little too familair with both my sofa and the BBC's coverage of the Olympics!

There's one big prayer request this week for anyone who's that way inclined. As far as i'm aware (still not yet confirmed) I'm going to be speaking at CU fresher's event this week. They're doing a lunchbar along the lines of 'If you could ask God one question, what would it be?' and I'm charged with the task of providing some answers. Should be interesting! I'm really excited tho - I've been itching to have a crack at a CU talk for a year or two now so it'll interesting to see how I get on. But at the end of the day, the important thing is that the good news gets out there so please pray that I'll be a faithful steward and a clear communicator of that very truth.

Speaking of evangelism etc there are a couple of things God has put on my heart over the last few weeks. First, I'm praying that this fresher's week/fortnight/term every single student will have some kind of contact with God. That's right, every single one - all 40 odd thousand of them! Whether it's a full blown face-to-face divine encounter or a brief glimpse of an Alpha poster on the side of the bus, I'm praying that God would start to infect this city with his presence. Second, I want some more non-Christian friends! Most of my close friends before this year were Christian but now that I work full time at church the scope for life in the 'bubble' has soared. As such I'm asking God to protect and strengthen the relationships I still have (such as old school friends) as well as providing some new ones. I'm fully aware it's no good just asking that and then just continuing to do what I've always done, so I'll have to be on the look out for opportunities and then go and take them. (I'm hoping they involve lots of football!!)

No comments: